This Month’s Feature:
The MicroStep ProfileCut Series — A highly specialized machine
This state of the art machine is tailor-made for precise and efficient processing of profiles of any kind
ProfileCut is designed for the cutting of open sections, such as I, H, U or L profiles. Basically, this machine does it all.
U-channels, angle irons, pipes, rectangular and square tubes and can also be equipped with a cutting table for sheet metal processing.
A 3D rotator with a tilt of ± 120° enables cutting of structural sections without the need for their
rotation in the cutting process. In addition to cutting of open profiles, ProfileCut machines can be equipped with more cutting zones, e. g. for processing of hollow or for sheet cutting like on a standard flat-bed machine. The ProfileCut’s ability can be enhanced by adding a drilling head for drilling of up to a 40 mm hole diameter, an automatic tool exchange and internal cooling of drill bits.
If you add a cutting table to this machine you can also cut profiles, beams, plate and sheet, all on one machine. This will give your production the flexibility and saves the purchase of a further cutting or drilling machine.
The possibility of the ProfileCut is endless and the ability to fully automate your production facility makes it appealing for mass production as well as for manufacturing with smaller workshops. To enable precise cut-outs in required spots on the beam, the machine is equipped with a laser scanner for measuring of the exact shape of profile in the place of where the cutting will take place. This means that the control system adjusts the movement of the tool according to the true shape of the profile. In addition, the machine offers drilling and marking operations on beams and 3D profile and beam processing of up to 1000mm in height and 12 metres in length. Round or square tubes can be worked on.
Therefore in conclusion:
- I, H, U, L, T profiles and beams are fully customisable
- The laser scanner enables a precise determination of the shape and position
- With the help of the standard laser scanner, the ProfileCut determines the exact position and shape of a profile. Any material changes from the shape are found automatically
- The ProfileCut can be adapted to your production need. The system can be equipped with a drilling head for the precise placement of holes, cuts and threads.
- Labelling technologies for the identification of final support sections can also be added
- Micro Step Production Management— MPM, which monitors the entire automated process
- This system has many options and includes working lengths of between 1500 and 50 000mm, working widths between 1500 and 8000mm, maximum number of tool stations 6 , a positioning speed of up to 23 m/min, a pipe diameter range between 100 and 1500mm, hollow profiles of 100 x 100mm and 600 x 600mm and maximum H profiles HEB 1000.
- The maximum thickness possibility of material cut by plasma is depending on the plasma source ordered with the machine and the maximum thickness of material that can be cut with oxyfuel is 300mm.
For further details contact MicroStep South Africa on